- Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of young men and women with learning disabilities?
- Do you wish to learn more about adolescence, adult development and disabilities?
- Do you have a passion for those who don’t always have opportunities to grow and learn after high school?
The Horizons School may offer you an opportunity to participate in a life-significant experience.
The Horizons School offers a multidisciplinary model of intervention for young adults with specific learning disabilities and/or mild handicapping conditions as they become independent adults. You may learn more about the program by visiting our website: www.horizonsschool.org or by coming to visit our school campus at 2018 15th Avenue South (across from Roly-Poly and Zydeco)….just call for an appointment.
There are many levels of participation available through the school and supervision is consistent, monitored, and typically individually developed to meet the needs of the students.
Volunteers receive collaboration and supervision by school faculty members.
Volunteers are an important part of our community base and are viewed as professional participants in our program.
Participation opportunities are available in the following areas of our school program:
- Student Residential Life
- Student Career Mentor
- University internships and class projects such as our Hearts for Horizons program
- Special projects or fundraising events
- School's Junior Board of Directors
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please contact the school office to discuss volunteer opportunities, complete an application, background check and drug screening.